With age comes wisdom, experience, and many other wonderful things. But many people also experience skin laxity as they grow older. Fortunately, there are non-invasive ways to improve the look of your skin and help you age gracefully.
If you are dealing with sagging or ageing skin, one of the best treatments for promoting tighter, firmer skin is Diamond Polar RF Skin Tightening. This thermal energy-based, advanced technology promotes collagen induction, softens the appearance of wrinkles, and promotes a tighter, firmer appearance — all without discomfort or downtime.
Read on to learn more about this state-of-the-art technology, the benefits of RF Skin Tightening, how long RF Skin Tightening lasts, and frequently asked questions about this popular anti-aging treatment.
What Is Radiofrequency Therapy?
Radiofrequency (RF) therapy is an advanced technology that treats skin gently and effectively using thermal energy. Diamond Polar Skin Tightening works to tighten lax skin, target signs of ageing, and promote a youthful glow.
How Does RF Skin Tightening Work?
Diamond Polar Skin Tightening uses gentle radiofrequency and a diamond polar tip to deliver thermal energy deep within the skin. Targeting the skin’s deeper layers, the dermis, with heat energy allows this treatment to preserve the delicate epidermis.
This contouring treatment uses controlled energy waves to raise the temperature of the deeper layers of the skin to stimulate collagen production. Collagen provides structure and support for the skin, giving skin its youthful plumpness and elasticity. With age, collagen levels decline. RF skin tightening can help promote the production of new collagen by heating the dermis where collagen production occurs.
One of the advantages of RF Skin Tightening is the ability to target delicate, hard-to-treat areas such as the jowls, neck, and eyes. The result is skin that is tighter, firmer, rejuvenated, and more youthful in its appearance.
The increased blood flow provides an immediate post-treatment glow, while the thermal energy promotes collagen remodelling over the next several months.
What Are the Benefits of RF Skin Tightening?
RF Skin Tightening is an effective, non-invasive way to enjoy healthier skin. The benefits of Diamond Polar Skin Tightening include:
- Supple, hydrated skin
- Rejuvenated complexion
- Improved elasticity and tone
- Improved skin resiliency
- Defined facial contours
- Helps stimulate the production of collagen
- Provides an immediate afterglow (perfect for use before special events)
- Improved appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improved texture
- Tighter, firmer appearance to the skin
- Safe for use in delicate areas, even around the eyes and lips
- Can be used to tighten jowls and the jawline
- Can be used to reduce the appearance of neckbands
- Excellent for tightening areas of the body such as the stomach, knees, and arms
- Promotes a more youthful appearance
- Provides long-lasting results, especially with maintenance sessions and when combined with complementary treatments
How Long Do RF Skin Tightening Results Last?
With proper skin care and maintenance, the results from RF Skin Tightening can last up to 12 months or more. Occasional maintenance treatments can prolong results and help you maintain that rejuvenated, youthful glow. Our skincare experts will set the ideal upkeep schedule based on your skin’s needs.
What Does RF Skin Tightening Treatment Involve?
During an initial consultation, your practitioner will educate you on the procedure, discuss your skin concerns and goals, and determine your ideal treatment plan.
The treatment itself involves an RF handpiece that is passed over the target area and heats the deeper layers of the skin. Throughout the treatment, the skin’s temperature is closely monitored to ensure correct energy output. The thermal energy immediately begins targeting the skin’s collagen fibres and increasing blood flow to promote glowing, vibrant skin.
Clients usually report a warming sensation as the RF handpiece passes over the skin. Many of our clients compare RF Skin Tightening to a relaxing, warm massage. After treatment, the skin appears plumper, tighter, and slightly red.
Does Radio Frequency Skin Tightening Work?
Soon after treatment, collagen stimulation begins. With continued treatment and time, clients often notice a reduction in wrinkles and fine lines, along with noticeable tighter, firmer skin.
Continued results can be noticed in the 6 to 12 months following treatment as more healthy new collagen forms. Maintenance sessions can help you see the best results.
Radiofrequency Skin Tightening Aftercare
RF Skin Tightening aftercare is simple:
- Avoid any chemical peels, micro-needling, IPL, exfoliation, or laser treatment for at least a week after radiofrequency treatment
- Avoid swimming, spas, exercise, or anything that increases your body temperature for 24 to 48 hours
- Wear a broad spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen immediately after RF skin tightening treatment (although we hope this is already a daily habit)
RF Skin Tightening FAQs
- How Long Does RF Skin Tightening Take?
A Diamond Polar Skin Tightening Treatment typically lasts around 30 minutes. Total treatment time depends on the number of areas being treated.
- Is There Downtime Involved?
Diamond Polar Skin Tightening involves little to no downtime. After treatment, patients can resume their normal activities. The skin may appear slightly red and tighter for the first few hours.
- Does RF Skin Tightening Hurt?
Between the comfortable procedure and the spa-like atmosphere of our clinic, many patients find the treatment soothing. Before we perform any procedure, we always give a clear expectation of what the procedure will involve, along with a detailed post-treatment aftercare plan.
- Is RF Skin Tightening Harsh or Damaging to the Skin?
Modern radiofrequency treatments are far more gentle and do not involve the ablative damage that older RF treatments used to cause. At The Fresh Skin Clinic, we prioritise treatments that are gentle yet highly effective.
- What Should I Do to Prepare for RF Skin Tightening?
Although no particular steps are required before RF Skin Tightening, we do recommend the following for the best results:
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight for at least 2 weeks before treatment
- Inform your skin therapist if you have had blepharoplasty or Botox
- Do not take blood thinners before treatment
- Avoid laser, IPL, exfoliation treatments, micro-needling, or chemical peels for at least a week before receiving
- RF skin tightening (if you have had laser therapy, we recommend waiting closer to 3 months to allow for adequate skin healing)
- Come to your appointment with clean, make-up-free skin
- Who Is RF Skin Tightening Not Recommended For?
While RF Skin Tightening is suitable for almost all skin types and ages, our skin therapists always conduct a thorough skin analysis before any procedure to ensure it will be safe and beneficial for your skin type.
RF Skin Tightening is not recommended for:
- Individuals with healing disorders
- Individuals with a history of diseases that are aggravated by heat
- Pregnant or nursing mothers
- Individuals with active conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, or sores
- Individuals with diabetes or certain endocrine disorders
- What conditions can RF Skin Tightening Address?
Along with its application for lax, sagging skin, RF Skin Tightening is also excellent for addressing:
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Large pores
- Signs of ageing
- Sun damage
- Stretch marks
- How often should I have radio frequency skin tightening?
Your expert skin therapist will determine the ideal number and frequency of RF skin tightening treatments for your skin type and goals.
Typically, we recommend a total of three to six treatment sessions, spaced 1 to 2 weeks apart.
- Where Can Radio Frequency Be Performed?
RF Skin Tightening isn’t just for the face, it can also help tighten other areas of the body, including the:
- Back of the hands
- Thighs (great for reducing the appearance of cellulite)
- Knee Region
Request A Consultation for RF Skin Tightening
Radiofrequency skin tightening is a non-surgical, non-invasive way to reduce fine lines, promote more contoured features, and improve overall skin texture. By stimulating the production of collagen and improving blood flow, this effective treatment provides an immediate glow and long-term rejuvenating effects.
Want to know if you are a good candidate for RF Skin Tightening treatment? If you are looking for smoother, rejuvenated, tighter skin, we invite you to contact us with questions or to schedule a consultation to learn more about this effective, non-invasive treatment.